Wednesday 2 January 2013

Phytoeica cylindrica

Here goes then, almost a complete novice at this so all backgrounds, pictures etc. will hopefully improve as I get better.  First published photograph is of a small longhorn beetle Phytoeica cylindrica, sorry no common English name.  Quite an interesting beetle that I only came across in April 2011 when my son found one on cow parsley.  This finding was apparently the first Nottinghamshire record for this or last century. If you wander around the Shelford area along the River Trent in April and May look closely on the stems of cow parsley, they're pretty easy to see once you get your eye in. I would go as far as to say check cow parsley out anywhere in the county and please let me know if you see one and where you see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment